Since we’ll be discussing the 7Cs tonight, I thought it would be good to put up some links to help with completeness, conciseness, clarity, coherence, correctness and courtesy. Keep in mind that little details like correct grammar can go a long way in promoting and preserving your credibility!
- Conciseness: 20 phrases you can replace with one word
- Correctness: [infographic] Editing vs. Proofreading, Heavyweight Fight — Who will win this clash of the English language titans? from scribendi.com
- Clarity: 40+ tips to improve your grammar and punctuation
- Coherence: grammar.about.com’s page on Coherence — the author of the grammar.about.com was my first rhetoric professor, Dr. Richard Nordquist!
- for fun, theOatmeal.com’s 10 Words You Need to Stop Misspelling